Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Car Launching


I often head to northwestern Wisconsin because my brother has a lake cabin there. Interesting place, rural Wisconsin. Go into any of the bars or taverns up there (believe me, there are a whole lot) and you immediately get the sense that the level of cultural sophistication is not what it is in say, Manhattan or West Palm Beach. Or Omaha, Peoria or Wilkes Barre either.


But that's not a bad thing. The locals are a quite creative lot. Here's an example. It's a pastime called "car launching."

It is exactly what it sounds like. This year several cars, trucks, and two school buses were launched. I'm absolutely going to be there next year.

See for yourself below: Special extended video of the event from my friends at KARE!11: click here.

No comments: