Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's a busy summer

Notice the posts at this blog have been kinda slim lately?

The weather is getting nicer and nicer and I'd like to spend more time out of doors. But, I'm getting busier and busier with writing and speaking assignments. (Highlight: I'm giving a series of talks, including several aboard the SS Queen Mary 2 as it steams from New York to London in July.) Not complaining a bit, but something's got to give and I'm afraid it's going to be tougher to find time to update this blog regularly.

Which is a shame, because I really enjoy blogging on what 's going on out there with Underground Technology. For example, the Navy has just sunk the WWII carrier USS Oriskany by using precise demolition charges to let it settle into the Gulf of Mexico.

There are a number of great technology events coming up this summer I'd like to write about. For instance, this weekend I'm a judge at the Mechwars IX robotic combat event. Then on Wednesday, I leave to cover the the Humboldt (CA) Kinetic Sculpture Race for a magazine (Make) where I've recently been offered a position as contributing editor. In June there's the York (PA) Factory Tour weekend, more airshows than you can shake an F-16 at, and many great pyro events.

But, going forward, there's just not enough time to cover them here. So, for now, check out the Make Magazine blog and Boing Boing for always good, always current info, and please check back here from time to time to see what's new. I'll post when I can; and I hope to resume daily posts after the summer.

No comments: