Thursday, March 09, 2006

It Takes a Forklift to Move a Forklift



In an earlier post, I listed the things a home workshop should contain if money were no object. Many readers posted comments as to the things they felt were the most important inclusions into a well equipped workshop.

About three years ago, I visited the shop of my friend, Christow Ristow (he's the one on the right), in Los Angeles. Ristow at one time was part of the well known machine art troupe Survival Research Labs. He is the creator of "the Subjugator" (that's the one on the left,) a very powerful, very nasty looking radio controlled beast.

Anyway, I thought Ristow's LA shop was one of the best equipped I'd come across. He had a lot of stuff in there - mills, lathes, drill presses and a lot of really, really weird props. (He's kind a got a thing for mannequins, I think.)


Christian wrote in to say he is moving from LA to Taos where he's setting up his shop. .His blog details the move. Like he says, it takes a forklift to move a forklift.

Anyway, the point is, I have a new must-have inclusion for the well-equipped shop list: a forklift

No comments: