Thursday, March 16, 2006

Skyaak - Canada's Answer to the Frisbee

Because I am a writer, I get to appear on national TV and radio every once in a while. Last month I did an interview with Radio Canada about Adventures from the Technology Underground. Fairly often, people contact me with questions and comments afterwards.

A Canadian inventor named Michael Robert Gaudet came up with something called the Skyaak, which is something you toss around to your buddies for fun. He sent me a couple after hearing me on the radio and I have to say, they are incredibly cool. It's sort of like a pole shaped frisbee. There are two conical surfaces on either side of a plastic pole. The conical surfaces act as wings and provide interesting aerodynamic properties to the thing as a whole.

I took one to the gym last night and threw it around between basketball games. It was a hit! I've not met Mr. Gaudet and have no financial interest in his product, but I do think it's very neat. I think it has more cachet than your regular old frisbee. Google skyaak if you're interested.


Milan said...

The history page is quite strange.

John Lipinski said...

wow, that is really cool, i wish i could buy one but i really don't have the money for that being with no job and no allowance

Fred H.B. said...

John, you can download and make a skyaak deuce (the diy papercraft version) for $2.00 and download it straight away (you've got $2.00 don't ya?)

It's a lot of fun, and the papercraft version works great indoors.